|interout||Date: Saturday, 2011-12-10, 1:45 AM | Message # 1|
1. How to change user's nickname? |
Answer: In order to change nickname for the current website go to its Control panel: Users -> List of users. Click "Change login (username)" button . Type in the necessary name. Click "Change" and Save.
2. When registering a new user the system gives out - incorrect username. Can't change user's login (username). What is the problem?
Answer: Perhaps you enter it with a space, which is not allowed. You can use only digits, letters and hyphens.
3. Many users come to the site from the same IP. Now they can't log in to the site. How can I fix it?
Answer: Check permissions of user groups, particularly session binding to IP: Main page » Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permittions: Bind session to IP address (protection from stealing cookies). Disable this option.
4. Two users on my site have the same IP address. I want to ban one of them, not both! What should I do?
Answer: Ban him not by IP, but by username.
5. Is it possible to display the IP address of the user, who is a Guest at the website?
Answer: No, it is not possible.
6. There are two administrators on the site. One of them cannot change the password of the other: "You are trying to do illegal action!". What is the reason?
Answer: Administrator must change the password himself. It is not allowed to edit administrator's account.
7. What does "Checked users" mean?
Answer: Every site administrator can make users CHECKED at his own discretion and assign to them any permissions he wants. You may set group permissions as you wish. So, groups (or members) will differ on the permissions that you have assigned to them. In this forum a checked member does not have to enter security code.
8. I've created a group with administrator permissions. But if a user of this group enters user's profile, there is no link for editing or removing a user. How can I create such control elements for this group?
Answer: Only one group can have true administrator permissions - Administrators group, which is original, not a created one.
9. Is it possible to allocate and change disk space quotas for users?
10. Is it possible to make a user's profile page a common page, not a pop-up window?
Answer: Yes. Edit template of user's profile page.
11. Is it possible to arrange paid transfer from one users group to the other?
Answer: Yes, it is. Use our SMS-services: http://usms.ucoz.com/
12. How can I remove the message, which was sent to a user by mistake?
Answer: There is no way to do that.
13. Is it possible for the administrator to read private messages of all the users?
Answer: No. That is why they are called private.
14. What does the number of reputation points depend on?
Answer: The number of rep points depends on the reputation of a person, who changes reputation (max 20).