Answer: Forum is a nice way to communicate for a big amount of people. Let’s say you are interested in something. You post your question on forum and other forum members post their answers. This is the way the discussions are held on forums.
2. How does this Forum differ from others, like Invision Power Board etc?
Answer: The main difference is that you will have to install the scripts of other forums. It means you need to have hosting that supports PHP or CGI. You also need to have the necessary amount of additional knowledge to install, set and manage those scripts. And uCoz Forum module can be installed in a couple of mouse clicks. Plus uCoz Forum module features are sometimes even better than the ones suggested by other forums.
3. Is it possible for my website to consist of Forum only?
Answer: Yes. Install Forum and Page Editor modules only, make a login page with the link to the forum or set up redirect in Control panel -> Common settings -> When opening the main page, redirect to.
4. Can I transfer a forum from another hosting to uCoz?
Answer: Databases transfer from other forums is not possible. In theory, it can be done, but as there are a lot of site engines and their versions, and a few people want to change them for uCoz, so we do not think it is necessary to spend time in writing a converter.
5. Where can I create sections and forums?
Answer: Go to Control panel -> Forum -> Management of forums and sections. You will see the list of existing sections and forums within them. To be able to add new section or new forum – click “New section” or “New forum” buttons and fill in the form.
6. Is it possible to increase the number of characters in “Forum description”?
7. When I click “Recent messages” I can see all Forum messages. Why is that?
Answer: In this version of forum the threads with new messages are displayed at the top. They are marked as “There are new message(s)”. The old threads without new messages are located right after the threads with new messages. They are marked as “No new messages”.
8. Is it possible to make the last 5 forum messages to be displayed on the main page?
Answer: Yes. It can be done with the help of Informers.
9. The thread is still marked as “unread” even after I have read it. What to do?
Answer: Try to use “Mark all messages as read” button.
10. A very popular thread was removed by accident. Is it possible to restore it?
Answer: It is not possible to restore a certain thread. You might restore the full forum backup, if you have created it beforehand.
11. Some of the registered users can not see the button to edit the previously created messages. Why is that so?
Answer: There is a limited period of time during which users are allowed to edit messages. It can be set in Module settings section of Forum module.
12. Messages are not added to users’ profiles and as a result their rating doesn’t increase. How to fix that?
Answer: Check “Don't increase post number for users” option in “Management of forums and sections” of the Control panel.
13. Regular users can not edit the title of their topic. How to fix that?
Answer: There is no way to fix that.
14. Is it possible to remove user’s IP address and the country?
Answer: This information is available for administrator only. If you do not want it to be displayed, customize the Appearance of entries template.
15. Is it possible to increase the size of files, which are uploaded to Forum?
16. How can I create more than 10 answers in forum polls?