Informers serve to display entries of particular modules on any pages of any sites. For example, you can output the latest forum threads or most commented photos right on the main page. This helps to make your site more interesting and handy for the visitors.
To create an Informer:
1. Go to Informers section on the main page of the Control Panel.
2. Press Create informer.
3. Select necessary module in the field with the pop-down list. (Additional options will appear depending on a module).
4. Set parameters of the options Number of entries and Number of columns.
5. Press Create.
6. Insert the obtained code of the type
where you need.
7. Informer appearance and the information for output can be edited in informer template. Type of information (uCoz codes) depends on the source module. List of codes, available for a certain informer, is under the form for editing template.
With the help of the informer, you can output information both on pages of your website and on any other site in the internet.
There are no explanations for the codes, used in informer template. This is because informers are a serious thing and you should not edit informers without good knowledge of HTML and uCoz system.
Where should I put the code of informer? Control Panel -> Design -> Design management(templates).
*** How can I find out ID of an entry? View list of entries or categories and you’ll find their IDs.
*** Is it possible to output entries in random order? Yes, when you select a type of entries sorting you can choose the item "In random order".
*** Is it possible to make $ID$ code in the informer with Photo Album, because photos often have no names? Do not output a name at all.
*** How can I output an image, belonging to the news entry, in the informer? Edit informer template and insert a variable that will display the image.
*** Is it possible not to output in the news informer the news entries that are on the main page? No.
*** Is it possible to do the following: the informer starts to count users’ messages form a certain time and does not take into account earlier messages? No.